Septic systems require a proper care and maintenance program. Proper maintenance of your septic system protects your investment, your health and the environment.
When septic tanks are abused or neglected, problems can be encountered. If your septic system isn’t maintained, you may find that you need to replace it and malfunctioning systems can sometimes contaminate groundwater. It is important to take note of the following care checklist whilst maintaining your septic tank with a quality septic tank maintenance product.
1. Avoid dumping excessive cooking oils and greases into your septic tank as it can block inlet drains, and cause odour problems.
2. Avoid excessive use of garbage disposals for disposal of food waste as these solids can create a rapid overload and cause failure of your septic tank.
3. Do not flush non-biodegradable objects such as hygiene products, cigarette butts, or cotton buds into the septic tank as these will clog and fill the tank.
4. Avoid the excessive use of or flushing harsh chemicals that can kill the septic bacteria such as bleaches, caustic soda, paints, solvents, herbicides, and silver nitrate etc.
5. Plant any trees and shrubs far enough away from your septic tank and leach drain that their roots will not cause clogs or ruptures and ensure that you do not cover the drainage field with an impermeable surface.
6. Excessive fresh water entering the septic system can overload it so get plumbing leaks fixed straight away. Excessive salt water entering the septic system can cause drainage problems.
7. Practice water conservation to optimize the operation of your septic tank.
Regular use of the N-Zyme is an important part of your septic maintenance program. The N-Zyme septic treatment is a biodynamic microbe & enzyme powered septic cleaner. It is the natural, safe, cost effective and easy to use septic maintenance product that removes odours from septic systems and grease traps and keeps drains clear. N-Zyme is useful in breaking down the sludges, oils and greases that infamously clog pipes and septic systems reducing the need for pump-out costs. Find out more about the N-Zyme, the best septic tank maintenance product.
The Australian Exclusive Eco-Friendly Cleaning and Maintenance Product Range